suzuki bandit forum
Please login to join forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

suzuki bandit forum
Please login to join forum
suzuki bandit forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fueling problem

Go down

fueling problem Empty fueling problem

Post  samcro Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:08 am

Hi all , I am hoping for so help with my 1999 Bandit 1200 , after buying the bike and riding it for about 3 months I sent it in to a Suzuki Dealer to have the Carbs balanced , the service guy said they set the float level either up or down (I can’t remember what) because of the altitude we are at (5700ft above sea level) and since then the bike has had a hesitation , under acceleration it almost feel like a misfire and when giving it a bit of “stick” running 125-130 mph if I close the throttle then try re-accelerate there’s nothing , coughs , splutters and won’t go for a few seconds , didn’t do this before , and the fuel consumption has gotten quite bad , I was getting 130 miles before I needed to switch to reserve , now only getting 105 miles before needing reserve , I have tried moving and shortening the fuel feeder pipe taking out any kinks in it but that didn’t help
samcro
samcro

Back to top Go down

fueling problem Empty Re: fueling problem

Post  samcro Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:20 am

problem solved , on the No 3 carb the service agent cocked it up , on that like vacuum cap that sits atop the carb , there is the needle and seat that drops down into the carb , they didn't put it back properly . i found this out by taking the carbs out myself and inspecting them
samcro
samcro

Back to top Go down