suzuki bandit forum
Please login to join forum

keep it simple

View previous topic View next topic Go down

keep it simple

Post  skingk2632 on Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:23 pm

I just put on a t shirt, jeans, boots and either my 30 year old leather jacket or new bright lime green nylon jacket. Plus gloves and helmet. Usually use ear plugs if I expect to ride at highway speeds especially for a long time.

Years ago, I had a flat as I entered a curve on I 75 in Athens, GA on a 1971 Honda CB750. Landed on the seat of my rain suit doing at least 50 and slid to a stop beside my bike. No damage to the bike or me, but really wrecked the seat of my rain suit. affraid 

skingk2632

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: keep it simple

Post  Llantwit on Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:39 am

Sounds like your cheeks might have taken a beating, I have had similar things happen, new grip, footpeg and clothes sorts that out. Take care.

Llantwit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

sliding

Post  gixerfixer on Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:57 pm

A friend and I were riding quite late one night about 30 years ago now on his tuned RD400, we were going round a round about in Bournemouth, in Dorset, UK, when the tyres let go and we ended up sliding along with the bike, still as though we were sitting on it, which was quite conical...no injuries and only a few scratches to the engine cases on the bike...had a leather jacket and jeans on and work boots I seem to remember...bike only let go because there was dew settling on the roads, but I seem to remember it was quite late and night and very cold...
now I wear a buffalo jacket, until I can afford another leather, buffalo gloves, jeans and Merrell walking boots, comfortable and solid...
keep on biking.

gixerfixer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: keep it simple

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top