suzuki bandit forum
Please login to join forum

import bandits

View previous topic View next topic Go down

import bandits

Post  graham1200 on Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:47 pm

hi all , good to find this forum , ive just recently bought an 98 1200 s and I think its an import , I was wondering does any body know the difference between the uk and import models ? ive spoted 2 , mine now has 1 horn in the center under the head light and bottom yoke, the lower engine mounts are not there , I had a 98 bandit in 2000 and totally streetfightered it then sold it and tried other bikes but came back to a gd bandit which I so liked yrs ago , well guys hope to hear some response cheers

graham1200

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: import bandits

Post  shortbus on Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:04 am

graham1200 wrote:hi all , good to find this forum , ive just recently bought an 98 1200 s and I think its an import , I  was wondering does any body know the difference between the uk and import models ? ive spoted 2 , mine now has 1 horn in the center under the head light and bottom yoke, the lower engine mounts are not there , I had a 98 bandit in 2000 and totally streetfightered it then sold it and tried other bikes but came back to a gd bandit which I so liked yrs ago , well guys hope to hear some response cheers

If I recall the Haynes manual can decipher the VIN to show what country it was to be sold in, could be wrong, google search helped me before to know if another bike was a 50-state Cali legal bike so this might be helpful

shortbus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

bandit imports

Post  gixerfixer on Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:51 pm

Hi, old post but I thought I would reply anyway in case anybody else is interested...17 years ago I had a UK model 1200s in maroon, but it got lunched by a pedestrian, fancied another one 17 yrs later and got same model same colour, but an italian import, you can tell as the speedo is in kph instead of mph and there are warning stickers on the fairing that are in italian...other than that the bikes are identical...have put a 14 tooth front sprocket on mine so the bike will reach its top speed, does 141mph with 14-45 sprockets which is good enough for me, and twice the national speed limit...having the carbs balanced next week, so should run like a brand new bike...it has only done 1500 miles from new and is in mint condition, the only let down on the bandits is the soft suspension so am fitting a GSXR1100L shock, and progressive fork springs...should sort things out nicely, was getting fed up with all the bouncing going on...other than that can't fault the bike, the engine is great when you open the throttle, pulls nice wheelies in first gear without any effort, and makes a lovely noise with a Beowulf can and link pipe, BSAU stamped from new, so road legal, has a removable baffle but is only a hollow tube about 4 inches long that doesn't affect performance...great bike, I love it!! Paul, Dorset UK

gixerfixer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

gsxr shock

Post  gixerfixer on Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:32 am

I tried fitting the gsxr 1100L shock to my '97 bandit 1200s today and it wouldn't fit...anyone got any suggestions as to a decent replacement shock upgrade as standard shock is vague and bounces all the time, though not bad on a flat surface...

gixerfixer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

imports are quicker

Post  gixerfixer on Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:26 pm

My 97 BANDIT 1200S that I had 17 years ago, with a 14t front sprocket would rev to the limit in top gear and do 141mph...I now have same model bike but an italian import, does 140mph in top gear with 14t front sprocket, but wont rev past 8k rpm, revs to 10k rpm in all other gears...anybody know why??? have tried a cdi from a uk model bike, but no difference...the only other thing I can think of is the TPS... perhaps that is restricting the revs in top gear? can't think of any other electrical device on the bike that would cause it to be limited in such a way??? please reply if you know anything. paulisg998@gmail.com thanks

gixerfixer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: import bandits

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top