suzuki bandit forum
Please login to join forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

suzuki bandit forum
Please login to join forum
suzuki bandit forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

now all alone

+3
Llantwit
blobby62
banditjohn
7 posters

Go down

now all alone  Empty now all alone

Post  banditjohn Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:21 am

I've been flicking on here on and off but don't seem to catch anyone, so I'm going away for the weekend so I'll have no computer untill Tuesday when I can only expect to find more new members confused .
banditjohn
banditjohn

Back to top Go down

now all alone  Empty Re: now all alone

Post  blobby62 Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:07 am

Guess we're all in the same boat John. Gonna take a while for this one to catch up like the old, lets hope they get it back up soon. Ian.
blobby62
blobby62

Back to top Go down

Post  Llantwit Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:44 am

Hi

Llantwit

Back to top Go down

Post  oslin06 Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:37 am

Hi all I am here sometimes as I was with the old site I wish you all safe riding.
Keith

oslin06

Back to top Go down

Post  Antiks Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:04 pm

Ive just joined and was wondering if this is this the new bandit forum after the server upgrade?
Looking at some of the post dates im guessing this ones been around awhile just not used much.

Antiks

Back to top Go down

now all alone  Empty strange?

Post  gixerfixer Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:40 pm

Strange how this post has received over 600 views!! yes this forum does seem to be a lonely place...considering how many bandits there must be about! I have only recently got my bandit, in the last month or so, and only joined this forum a week ago...would post a picture of my lovely bandit but don't know how to post pics on this site...any help there would be gratefully received...and it is a mint bandit, well worth seeing...it is eighteen years old but has only done 3000 kilometres...it is an italian import, am looking for a mph speedo if anyone out there has one for sale?
Has anyone had a look at Maximum Suzuki? I tried joining their forum, had to go to the trouble of getting a different email address as they don't accept users with gmail, and they still blew e out, accused me of being a spammer, fucking wankers...I am an avid gsxr fan, have owned 7 or 8 oil cooled gsxr 750s, and 4 slabside 1100s, and have owned 4 bandits, 2 1200 and 2 600, and know quite a bit about them from the experience...used to do a lot of work on my old gixers, hence the username, valve clearance adjustment, replacement engines, tuning and setting up carbs etc. and used to really enjoy myself..now have no money, otherwise I would buy another early gixer and restore it...
went for a ride Sunday, yesterday, and found myself being followed by someone on a bandit 1200, so let him go past, then kept up with him until he took a turning off my route, was fun for ten minutes or so...and saw 3 new shaped bandits on Poole quay, two water cooled and one oil cooled, ugly things, but they make my mk1 look even more beautiful so I like them a little if only for that reason..sadly the owners weren't about, or else I would have spoken with them...
going to bike night on Poole quay tomorrow (Tuesday 22nd September 2015) for a wander about and look at some bikes...have met a few bandit owners there, who all complimented me on how clean my bike is, which is always nice...want to get some photos of some cafe racered bikes I have previously seen there, including an absolutely mint condition Honda 250RS, a really nice job the owner has done on that...not my kind of bike at all, but looks the business with ace bars, new looking gloss black painted engine, twin chrome exhausts and excellent blue paintwork with single seat..a real classic...of course my bandit will be classed as a classic soon, eighteen years old at the moment, and looking like it has just come out of the shop!! Got a spare torque arm the other day, cost me £10 from somebody from Gosport, got it blasted and powder coated today for a tenner, and have ordered a new nut and bolt, the one that goes through the torue arm and the rear caliper, as that was the only place where there was any corrosion on the bike, so that is taken care of...tried fitting a gsxr1100L shock to my bike the other day, with much loss of skin from my thumb knuckle, and the blooming things wouldn't fit, got it into the top mount no problem, after removing the lower linkage, but the shock hit the linkage and holes wouldn't align, so have sent that back where it came from in Yorkshire, and am getting a refund as the bloke that sold it to me told me it would fit,and that many people used to fit such shocks to their bandits about a decade ago...fucking liar, but there you go, so will just have to put up with the bouncing and underdamped rear end for the time being as I haven't got £300 spare to buy a hagon shock....will be fitting hagon progressive fork springs over the winter as the front end is also very soggy...and have had to buy another cdi unit as the bike is an inport and has been restricted to 125mph top speed, which was very disappointing to find out...but easily rememdied...thankfully found a cdi for £30 including postage from some bloke in Scotland...they break bandits evidently...wanted to buy some mph clocks off him but they were a bit expensive for my budget so will have to make do with what I've got for the moment...
have tried joining the bandit owners club, but their website is a load of shit...no links to any of the subjects, and no way of finding out about rallies or events or ride outs, so that was a waste of space...there must be thousands of bandit owners in the uk, so where the f*ck are they all!!! This forum seems to be a ghost forum, though have seen activity by other members, two anyway, in the last few days...have to wait until 7 days is up to post an introduction, but have replied to plenty of posts...though only after replying have noticed the age of such posts!! Oh well, perhaps sooner or later there may be signs of life on here???
keep on biking..Paul

gixerfixer

Back to top Go down

now all alone  Empty hey gixerfixer

Post  daveymac55 Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:50 pm

hi mate, just read your post, very informative, though I did fall asleep half way through (just kidding man) I've just got my 1st Bandit although I did have a beautiful Gsxr1100m a few years back which I still miss, however this 1200 Bandit is keeping me smiling, she's a 98 model so 17 years old, 15.5k on the clocks. I know it's not everybodies cup of tea but as the bike was jacked up when I got it I'm going to give it the streetfighter look for a while at least, any suggestions welcome, or indeed parts for sale if they are not at mental prices Very Happy catch you again I hope, safe riding yeah.

daveymac55

Back to top Go down

now all alone  Empty hey daveymac

Post  gixerfixer Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:10 pm

Hi, nice to see a new post...I had gixer 11s 15 years ago, last one was a tuned slabside, did 170mph with a thousand revs left in top gear, awesome bike, love 36mm flatslides!! but now on a bandit...glad to see yours has only done 15.5k miles, still in good nick I hope...don't forget to keep up with valve clearance adjustment and regular oil changes...wouldn't have anything to do with the streetfighter route myself, as bandits are good looking enough in standard form, though a few add ons can be done tastefully...not sure about parts, most of them are too expensive so worth seeing what you can get secondhand, ebay is rife with bandit spares but prices can be a bit too much...don't think a jack up kit does anything for a bandit, if you want your arse in the air get a gixer!! I keep getting into trouble on my bandit going into corners too fast, can't get rid of the gixer riding style, so am getting a gixer 750 over winter to restore and ride, but will be keeping my bandit as it is as new, even though it is eighteen years old! I keep getting compliments on how clean it is, a young girl knocking doors in my area today said it was stunning, apparently her ex boyfriend had one and took her on the back at high speed and she loved it...my kinda girl,, but a bit young for me...
my first bandit was awesome,that was seventeen years ago, but same model and colour as I have now...where abouts in the country are you? that's if you are in the uk...am thinking of joining the bandit owners club, just met someone who said they go to loads of events and rides during the summer,sounds like a blast, and I like working on gsxr/bandit so might get to earn some money too!!
wish I could post a pic of my bandit on here, have tried, and given up!! email is paulisg998@gmail.com if you want to drop me a line...
keep on biking...Paul

gixerfixer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum