suzuki bandit forum
Please login to join forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

suzuki bandit forum
Please login to join forum
suzuki bandit forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flat spot in acceleration after air filter change

3 posters

Go down

Flat spot in acceleration after air filter change Empty Flat spot in acceleration after air filter change

Post  PatrickPruett Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:48 pm

I have a 2000 Suzuki bandit 600s with 27k miles on it. I have not changed the air filter for a long time so I bought a new stock filter and replaced it. Took it out for a ride and now around 4-6k revs it just flat lines on power. I was expecting it to be the same or better.

I did struggle getting the thing to fit. I had to do some pushing to get it into place. I am new at all this, any advice as to what I might have done wrong?

PatrickPruett

Back to top Go down

Flat spot in acceleration after air filter change Empty Re: Flat spot in acceleration after air filter change

Post  Jburgess455 Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:34 pm

Sounds like it's restricting the air flow rather then filtering it..... I'd remove and refit...

Jburgess455

Back to top Go down

Flat spot in acceleration after air filter change Empty Re: Flat spot in acceleration after air filter change

Post  Llantwit Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:40 pm

It sounds to me like it is not installed right. It is pretty simple, (when you have done it a few times) its something I woul suggest redoing your work. If you want I can send a picture from a haynes manual if you are stuck. You should not need to force anything, It should be like butter.

Llantwit

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down