suzuki bandit forum
Please login to join forum

1998 Bandit 1200S

View previous topic View next topic Go down

1998 Bandit 1200S

Post  bandit71 on Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:05 am

Has severe head shake,are there any steering dampers or any thing for this?

/

bandit71

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 1998 Bandit 1200S

Post  Banditallan on Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:27 pm

Before you do that have you checked the steering head bearings and front rim/tire for any issues.
Banditallan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Llantwit on Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:42 am

Look up motorcycle snake on ebay.

Llantwit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

head shake

Post  gixerfixer on Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:05 pm

change the shock, they are too softly damped, and the spring isn't up to much,,, mine shakes at 120mph going over catseyes, but is okay at all other times..am fitting a GSXR1100L shock to my bandit and progressive fork springs to make the bike handle better and get rid of annoying bouncing that goes on...

gixerfixer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

head shake

Post  gixerfixer on Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:09 pm

tried fitting the gsxr1100L shock to my bike but it wouldn't fit, and it was a real pain getting the original shock out of its position..thankfully the idiot that told me the shock would fit my bike, who also happens to be the bloke that sold me the shock is giving me a refund...had a word with someone at Crescent Motorcycles in Bournemouth today and he recommended a Hagon shock, but they cost £300 and the springs look weak on them...anyone got any suggestions? am on a low budget, so want to spend as little as possible...the progressive fork springs are costing me £84, but that will sort the front end out nicely...doing that over winter...
Had a drag race from the lights today in Poole with a souped up sports car...looked like a big TVR or something, looked quick anyway, and it was to some degree...I let him get about ten feet in front of me then pulled the throttle back on the bandit and blew him away, totally blitzed him...good old bandit...proper wolf in sheeps clothing, especially with the half fairing as it looks like a boring old touring bike...ho ho...was grinning for about an hour after, and it made the sunny day seem even sunnier.

gixerfixer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top