suzuki bandit forum
Please login to join forum

carburetor jetting

View previous topic View next topic Go down

carburetor jetting

Post  Natoland on Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:37 am

I just purchased a 2002 1200 bandit that has a Yoshimura exhaust cannister and a K&N filter pod on the carbs. The original airbox has been removed. The previous owner had re-jetted, but obviously incorrectly. It runs very rich, pops a bit and has no midrange. Does anyone know the basic set-up jets for this configuration?

Natoland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: carburetor jetting

Post  banditjohn on Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:25 am

I'm no demon on carbs as I proved by putting the baffle back in and the k&n but it sounds like the needle hight needs sorting there is something that may help I'll see if I can find it and post it on here it's all about mikini carb's.( found it) It won't let me post externa links yet but you can go to mikini.com and it's all in there.
banditjohn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Banditallan on Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:39 pm

Removing the stock airbox is a big no no, unless you are going for stage four or full out mods. Even replacing the stock airfilter to any other brand is also a bad idea. Ivan at Holeshot has dynoed the Bandits for all sorts of hidden power and his tests have proven that for mild mods such as Stage one or two you must leave the stock filter and air box in, but you can remove the little rubber airhorn on the back of the airbox cover, thats all.
Put back the stock airbox and stock air filter and buy a dyno jet stage one kit to get the correct needle and main jet settings. All other carb parts used are the stock factory items.
Banditallan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top