suzuki bandit forum
Please login to join forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

suzuki bandit forum
Please login to join forum
suzuki bandit forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi all , newbie here from UK Cornwall

2 posters

Go down

Hi all , newbie here from UK Cornwall Empty Hi all , newbie here from UK Cornwall

Post  Kernowbandit Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:40 pm

Hi all, had several bandits over the years, 600's , 1200's, gsx1400 etc, but have come back to a mint mk1 600n , very happy with it, just gotta nip the tappets up as theres one noisy bugger, done 16k miles from new, one thing !! if you crack the throttle there slight missing and hesitation, has not been ridden for a while, could it be stale fuel ?? maybe i spose, anyway, hello all and glad to be a member of a forum of the greatest bikes of modern day biking. Jon

Kernowbandit

Back to top Go down

Hi all , newbie here from UK Cornwall Empty Re: Hi all , newbie here from UK Cornwall

Post  banditjohn Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:10 am

Hi and welcome Very Happy It could be fuel gone sticky, tends to muck up the pilot jet so as that does the first 1/4 of throttle could be causing the problem, I've had it in the past and forgot to use super unleaded at the end of the year and had this happen to mine and just whacked s###e loads of Redex down it, ran it so it got into the carb's, left it a week and presto, it cleared. I tend to either use super at the end of October or bang a Redex in and have had no trouble since.

All the best John
banditjohn
banditjohn

Back to top Go down

Hi all , newbie here from UK Cornwall Empty Re: Hi all , newbie here from UK Cornwall

Post  Kernowbandit Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:17 am

been for a ride this morning for 50 miles and went straight to Shell station and filled her up with V power , transformed it now , pulls strongly and idles nicely too, stubby micron sounds sweet that I fitted last night too, got caught in a couple of light showers on way home !!!

Kernowbandit

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down