suzuki bandit forum
Please login to join forum

New to the forum from Western WA: '97 Bandit 1200

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New to the forum from Western WA: '97 Bandit 1200

Post  CozShnoz on Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:58 pm

Hello Everyone,

I just picked up a 1997 Suzuki Bandit 1200 last week and am loving it. My dad had a 1998 (?) maroon 1200S for a while about 12 years ago. It was a lot of fun, so when I saw this one come up on Craigslist, I went for it. Seems to be the deal of the year since it only needed a clutch (hopefully it stays that way!). Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting around the forums when I can, learning some things, and getting to know some of you.

Justin

CozShnoz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

'97 Bandit

Post  gixerfixer on Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:42 am

Hi, I too have just bought a '97 1200 bandit, the s version with the half fairing in maroon...with only 1500 miles on the clock!!! and in mint condition, it is an italian import, I'm in the UK Dorset...wonderful bike, a few subtle upgrades and what a beast...goes like a rocket when you pull the throttle back, and revs nice and clean right round to the redline...that is what GSXR motors were designed for...though is nice to cruise about on too...a good all round bike...had a '98 model, same colour and model 17 years ago and loved it, so thought I would get another one...have been off the road for 15 years, so the bandit takes some getting used to again, but am getting into the swing of things...am in the process of upgrading the suspension with progressive fork springs, and gsxr 1100L shock...and having the carbs synchronised as they are out of balance, but other than that have no complaints about the bike whatsoever...happy at low speeds and high speeds...great bike..Paul

gixerfixer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top